this is why longboarding comps suck

Posted by Esteban Pumpernickel May 12, 2009

This is why nobody will ever care about longboard contests. Because stuff like this scores points and wins contests:







Not a contest photo, (unless being a total fucktard is a competitive event for you) but this is my MOST hated longboard move out there. I call it the 'Fuck It I'm a Foot From The Nose So I'm Close Enough Lean Back Soul Bro Arch'. This move normally proceeds the 'Fuck My Arms Are Getting Tired Oh I Know I'll Fold Them Behind My Back Now I Look Like Phil Edwards Arch'. Here it is, in all it's 3 fin glory:

(Bonus- Go to Rincon on a 2' SW swell to see this performed live with hoods and booties. )

6 comments

  1. 6ftnperfect Says:
  2. what's wrong with shot #1? I do the Field Goal all the time!

     
  3. I knew I was going to make someone mad. But, come on, you seem like a real cool guy and I like your blog. I don't want to have images of you doing this....

    BTW, Nigel has a killer shot of me doing it in 1' beach break slop...I look a sinking mermaid... What can u do?

     
  4. Surfsister Says:
  5. Wait! Is that a black guy in the top image? Everyone knows black people don't surf. Hell, they don't even swim.

    And what is the point of busting air on a longboard? Frankly, I've never seen the point on a shortboard (since it's not a skateboard).

     
  6. OMG, you're right!

    Hey, wait a minute..... I've seen the pics, you can surf pretty well...

     
  7. Worm Says:
  8. one of these day i'm gonna come up north borrow your log and boost the shit out of it (huntington Hi-pro Style)

     
  9. Anytime.... and for the record, I have, at one time or another, performed everyone of these moves.

     

Post a Comment

Go ahead, feed the ducks

bookmark
bookmark

Followers